Adding an aquatic dye for lakes and ponds help filter out UV sunlight while creating an aesthetically pleasing appearance to the pond. Algae and submerged aquatic weeds need sunlight to grow, therefore by limiting the amount of UV light that enters the pond, you are dealing with one of the factors that contribute to algae growth and unwanted plant growth in your pond. CanadianPond liquid pond dye is commonly used by hotels, golf course, commercial premises and everyday pond owners. It will not stain birds, fish, plants, swimmers, pets, or wildlife when applied at the recommended rate.
We have clients from coast to coast who use pond dyes as part of their regular pond maintenance regime. Apply early in spring when the ice leaves the pond. CanadianPond dye will immediately block the UV rays needed for many of those unwanted aquatic plants. Farmers in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan use our CanadianPond pond dyes in dugouts to keep them weed free. Pond owners from Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes combine the blue and black dyes to get a deeper colour that reflects light sharply and blocks the light needed for plant growth. By applying the dye regularly throughout the growing season, important stages in plant growth including reproduction and tuber development can be weakened. This is why we recommend regular dye applications even into the fall.
Farm ponds, canals, reservoirs, tanks and drainage systems can be severely impeded with clogged aquatic weeds. An overabundance of unwanted aquatic weeds can impede flow and reduce the amount of water entering canals or critical drainage systems. Too many weeds can alter habitat and reduce indigenous fish species. They can also interfere with boat navigation and reduce aesthetic value. Repeated applications of CanadianPond AQUA or CanadianPond MIDNITE in closed systems will interfere with the reproduction cycle of many troublesome aquatic weeds. For best results, this product should be used with beneficial pond bacteria and lake bottom aeration. Often the weeds are there because there is an abundance of organic sediments and nutrients that make conditions for growth ideal.
- Filters sunlight and provides an aesthetically pleasing, natural appearance to pond water;
- Blocks up to 40% of the sun’s rays to effectively starve the growth of existing algae and formation of new growth;
- Keeps water temperature cooler;
- Contributes to algae and aquatic weeds reduction in garden ponds & small lakes;
- One 32 oz ( 0.95 Litre) bottle will treat an entire surface acre (0.4046 ha) up to 6 feet (1.8 m) deep
- Available in black, blue and dark blue
- Super-concentrated formula (>84% pure pigments)
- Will not stain plants, pets, birds or swimmers when applied at the recommended rate.
- CanadianPond AQUA (previously MARINE), CanadianPond MIDNITE and CanadianPond NATURAL (previously Natural BLUE) are not harmful to the environment.
- Completely free of pesticides and herbicides.
- Harmless food based dye will not stain swimmers, fish, plants or other wildlife when used as directed.
Easy to apply and lasts 4 to 6 weeks, depending on water flow;
Can be mixed quickly and evenly throughout the pond with the use of a fountain, aerator or similar mechanical device;
Tech Sheet (PDF)
1 bottle will treat a little over 6 acre-foot (7 500 m³, 2 000 000 gallons).
For best results, add to multiple spots around the edges of the pond or use in conjunction with aeration. Repeat monthly or as needed, as pigments will oxidize and gradually disappear.
This product does not contain bacteria.
Use CanadianPond 1B, 5B, C, N, POND or EQUINOX for sludge control and reducing nutrients.
Avoid contact with eyes. Do not ingest. Keep out of reach of children. Reapply product as needed. Will stain clothing. Do not freeze.
FOR A LARGE-SCALE USE, PLEASE CONSULT US.