- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Pond dye helps block UV rays that enter a pond. It is the UV rays that go deep into a pond providing light for photosynthesis required for plant and algae growth. When we use a pond dye, we block some of that light, helping control growth of some algae and some unwanted submerged aquatic plants.
- Filters sunlight and provides an aesthetically pleasing, natural appearance to pond water;
- Keeps water temperature cooler;
- Blocks up to 40% of the sun’s rays to effectively starve the growth of existing algae and formation of new growth;
- Contributes to algae and aquatic weeds reduction in garden ponds & small lakes;
- Easy to apply and lasts 4 to 6 weeks depending on water flow.
With our CanadianPond NATURAL Aquatic Dye, we carefully chose shades of blue and grey, with a touch of black, to give the effect of deep, cool water, that is highly reflective of UV rays while appearing as natural looking as possible.
Think of a deep, cool lake that you would find in the Canadian Shield, and recall how the light reflects off the water surface, onto the moss covered Canadian Shield: this is the effect that CanadianPond NATURAL Dye can have in your pond.
- Double bagged with water soluble pouches, simply toss as is!
- Available only in a dark natural blue colour;
- Super-concentrated formula (>84% pure pigments);
- Will not stain plants, pets, birds or swimmers when applied at the recommended rate;
- CanadianPond NATURAL Dye is not harmful to the environment;
- Completely free of pesticides and herbicides.
Tech Sheet (PDF)
1 soluble pouch will treat 2 500 m³
Doubled dry soluble (corn based) pouches; simply toss into pond or lake and within 1-2 hours the water body will be colored. Can be mixed quickly and evenly throughout the pond with the use of a fountain, aerator or similar mechanical device.
The dual pouch system will dissolve in the water within one minute, the double pouch system is there to protect your fingers and clothes from stains! Important: do not cut open the pouches!
Repeat monthly or as needed, as pigments will oxidize and gradually disappear.
This product does not contain bacteria.
Use Bacterius® 1B, 5B, C, N, POND, EQUINOX for sludge control and reducing nutrients.
Avoid contact with eyes. Do not ingest. Keep out of reach of children. Reapply product as needed. Will stain clothing. Do not freeze.
FOR A LARGE-SCALE USE, PLEASE CONSULT US.